Wednesday, December 17, 2014

Artists Transformations.

Just updating a little before I fall asleep. While braiding my hair, I watched letters to Juliet on xfinity demand (funny how three years of a theatre tech class with Ms Lynn Hosking can change your perception on movies you used to LOVE), and that song by Taylor Swift "Love Story" popped up randomly in the movie...well the first time it entered a scene was well done, but the second time... (ouch!) ANYWAY! So I finished watching that and it teased me withthat song, so I had to go listen to it. And from that song I listened to another Taylor Swift song and another and another, and its actually pretty amazing how artist transform. People that love celebrity drama or crazy fans go on about how artists have "changed" , and they are right in a sense. It's just that, that term doesn't fit what happens when artists grow. Transform. Thats the correct term. Recently my birthday passed, and one of my friends got me the latest album of Taylor's, "1984", and its great. I love most of the songs on it. Yeah its not country like her other albums, but lets be for real most of her first albums were like country- popish.  They werent like Brad Paisley-Carrie Underwood country... Its a transformation.

Its like ..my friend Tori always talks about how when she was a baby she had such a thick country accent, and now she doesnt. It was something she grew out of. When we were fourteen she wore baggy jeans, and converse and always wore here hair in a straight ponytail.  Now she wears her hair up, down, curly straight, whatever. She rocks her leggings red lipstick and boots ..and shell still rock her converse too. But just because how she dressed changed up a bit, doesnt mean she's not Tori. Shes matured a lot more and has a broader view of life, so how she expresses herself through her style is BOUND to have changed.

Same goes with Taylor Swift and all the other musicians out there . Go Taylor!


But that's just MY opinion. What do YOU think?

No comments:

Post a Comment